People have different reasons for blurring their houses on Google Maps. If you do not do this, anyone can spy on you.
They can literally enter your home, invading your privacy. That is why you need to know how to get your house blurred on Google Maps.
If your house is not blurred on Google Maps, thieves, marketing managers, and snoopy neighbors can spy on you. Thieves can plan their robbery using this application.
Businesspersons can also target you with advertisements. The worst part is the snoopy neighbors who can report you to local authorities if you violate any local codes.
We will state the steps to get your house blurred on google maps and how to blur it. Keep reading to learn everything you need to enhance your home privacy.
- Is Your House on Google Maps?
- 7 Steps To Get Your House Blurred On Google Maps
- Pros And Cons Of Blurring Your House On Google Maps
- Fun Facts
- Wrapping Up
Is Your House on Google Maps?
Before blurring your house on Google Maps, check if it is there or not. But how do you check if your property is on Google Maps?
How to Check Your House on Google Maps
Head to Google Maps and enter your address. Hit the enter button on your keyboard or click the search button with your mouse pointer.
A small orange stick figure appears on the left of your computer screen or mobile device.
Drag the orange stick to your street and home, which triggers more to appear. The street is highlighted in blue color if your house does not exist on Google Maps.
That is because your house has not been photographed by Google.
You can ask Google to add your house if you need it to appear on the Google Map. But that will be done according to the Google Map policies, which might lock you out.
7 Steps To Get Your House Blurred On Google Maps
Google has a policy that allows people to keep off from Google Maps. If you feel that your house should not be shown, you can have the image blurred.
It is a pretty straightforward process you can complete in just minutes to improve your home’s privacy.
Follow these steps to blur your house or property on Google Maps:
- Step 1: Go to Google Maps and enter your property address. Zoom out the street view of your home.
- Step 2: Look for the “Report a Problem” label usually located to the bottom right corner of your computer monitor or mobile device screen. Click on it to bring forth the “Report Inappropriate Street View” page.
- Step 3: Check for the “Image Preview” box. This is where you can select the area of the image you want to be blurred on Google Maps.
- Step 4: You will see a dedicated section below the image stating why you want it blurred. Click on it and select “My Home” as the reason. This creates a text box for entering more details about your home. You can type in the address and general description of the house.
- Step 5: Type your email address in the email field located just below the text box.
- Step 6: Click on “I’m Not a Robot” verification and hit on “Submit”
- Step 7: Check the results after a few days.
Google should not have any problem blurring your home on Google Maps. But if there is, their team will email you the reason and possible steps to accomplish your objective.
Please note that blurring your house on Google Maps is permanent. You cannot undo it once done. So, submit this request only if you will not change your mind.
Pros And Cons Of Blurring Your House On Google Maps
Blurring your house on Google Maps can enhance your privacy but it also comes with its disadvantages. Check the pros and cons of this process highlighted below:
- Improves home security. Burglars and thieves have a hard time conducting a pre-visit without physically visiting your home.
- Improve privacy. No one can pry on your property on Google Maps, meaning you can live a private life.
- It is a permanent process. Once your house is blurred on Google, you cannot unblur it.
- The picture of your house might still be available with Bing, Apple Maps, Zillow, among others.
- Makes selling your house difficult because potential buyers cannot see it on Google Maps
- May raise eyebrows and draw unnecessary attention if your house is the only one blurred in your area.
Garmin Drive 51 USA LM GPS Navigator System with Lifetime Maps
Bing, Apple Maps, Yandex, Redfin, Zillow, and other real estate websites will still have the photograph of your property. Removing it from Google does not guarantee your privacy.
Can you blur out your house on Google Maps?
Yes. Just follow the above seven simple steps to blur your property on Google Maps. The process should be completed by the Google team in a few days.
Why Are Some Houses Blurred Out on Google Maps?
You are not the only one who will have the property blurred out on Google Maps. Some people had thought about it and have done it.
Why is my house not on Google Street View?
Your house might not be on Google Street View because it has not been photographed. You can ask Google to add it, and they will gladly do it if it does not infringe on their policies.
Why are some houses blurred on Google Maps Reddit?
Houses are blurred upon request by the property owners. The reasons why they want that done is best known to themselves, but most of them do it to enhance privacy and home security.
Can I blur license plates and faces?
Google already has a cutting-edge face and license plate blurring technology that should do that for you automatically. However, if it is not done in your case, you can use the same steps highlighted above to ask them to do it.
Rand McNally TND Tablet 85 8-inch GPS Truck Navigator with Built-in Dash Cam, Easy-to-Read Display and Custom Truck Routing
Google Street View is a powerful tool with advantages and disadvantages, but it has more cons than pros. People who blur their houses do so for security and privacy reasons, however, it is not worth it.
Privacy is not guaranteed if you remove your house on Google Maps because other websites still have it.
Thank you for reading our post, and we welcome you to explore Em Offgrid for more related articles. We thank you for your time and hope that this information has solved your problem