Almond extract is a flavor-changing ingredient for dishes and recipes. The versatile usage and unique taste of the extract make it delicious.
The homemade almond extract will give you the best taste, and you can do it without alcohol. The process is convenient and suitable for every home.
Alcohol is not suitable for all dishes and people. You can eliminate alcohol from this process and prepare almond extract without alcohol.
Besides, the process is cost-effective, and you can preserve almond extract for a long time.
In this writing, we present the step-by-step process of releasing almond extract without alcohol. Let’s explore.
- Why Should You Skip The Alcohol?
- Glycerin Instead of Alcohol for Almond Extracts
- How To Make Alcohol-Free Almond Extracts
- Wrapping Up
Why Should You Skip The Alcohol?
The alcohol flavor may be desirable with almond extract. But, it is better to eliminate alcohol from the process while extracting almond extract.
Cooking with alcohol can get complicated. You will get several benefits when there is no alcohol.
If you eliminate alcohol, you will get a healthier weight, better skin, improved sleep, and perfect skin tone.
Glycerin Instead of Alcohol for Almond Extracts
We already explored that alcohol is not healthier for extracting almond extract. You can use glycerin as the best alternative instead of alcohol.
Glycerin is a simple polyol compound that is colorless and odorless. It is also long-lasting and non-toxic.
Let’s understand the procedure. The glycerin almond extract is more syrupy than the regular alcohol extract. But, its effect is the same in recipes. The almond extract with glycerin is called glycerites.
Glycerites are sugar and gluten-free. The organic compound of glycerin works like alcohol but a little bit slower. It takes around two months to make with glycerin.
Besides, liquid glycerin is available in grocery shops and pharmacies. But, it is important to purchase food-grade glycerin for extracting almonds. You can order online for the best variation and quality.
How To Make Alcohol-Free Almond Extracts
Alcohol-free almond extract is super easy to make. You can prepare this extract by using glycerine instead of alcohol. This process is very simple, cost-effective, and safe to carry out at home.
The final product is safe and retains its all nutritional and intrinsic values. Those are very important for any food product to use in recipes.
You can prepare this with minimal cost and hassle using glycerine and finally find a more syrupy textured almond extract.
The almond extract using glycerine works the same as a traditional alcoholic extract and provides a longer shelf life.
Here, we present the step-by-step guide for extracting almonds without alcohol. Let’s explore.
Materials You’ll Need
- 15 raw whole almonds
- 1.5 cup 100% food-grade vegetable glycerine
- ½ cup distilled water
- Knife and chopping board
- Glass mason jar with a tight-fitting lid
Amazon Brand – Happy Belly Whole Raw Almonds, 48 Ounce
Detailed Instructions To Make Almond Extract Without Alcohol
- First, take 10-15 raw whole almonds and place them into boiling water. Wait just 1 minute and remove them from boiling water and rinse with cold water.
- Then, remove the skins by squeezing the almonds and allowing them to dry completely.
- After that, carefully chop the dried almonds coarsely and place them into your glass mason jar.
- Next, pour 1.5 cups 100% food-grade vegetable glycerine and ½ cup distilled water over the almonds, seal the jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake well to mix them.
- Keep the jar in a cool, dry place and away from sunlight for 8 weeks. You need to shake the jar every couple of days.
- Finally, strain your almond extract through a coffee filter or cheesecloth and store it in a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid in a cool, dry place. Keep it away from sunlight.
How To Store Almond Extract
Proper storage of food products protects the foods from being destroyed by microorganisms and environmental elements.
So you make sure that the storage of your almond extract is in a proper way. Let’s know some tips
- Make sure that your storage jar is clean, dry.
- The lid is tight enough to ensure an airtight environment inside the jar.
- Keep the glass jar in a cool and dry place.
- Tight the lid properly after every use.
Is there almond extract without alcohol?
Yes, there is almond extract without alcohol. You can easily make it at your home in the easiest way and use it in your foods for a pleasant flavor.
Is homemade almond extract safe?
Homemade almond extract using glycerine is completely safe.
But if you have tree nut allergy then many alternative options are available including imitation almond extract.
What can I use if I don’t have almond extract?
If you don’t have almond extract then there are a lot of suitable alternatives.
Best substitutes include homemade almond extract using glycerine, Imitation almond extract, mint and chocolate extract, vanilla extract, amaretto, cherry pit syrup, etc.
SUPERLELE 24pcs 3.4oz Glass Favor Jars
In short, homemade almond extract without alcohol is very simple and easy to make. You have to follow the instructions to get fresh nutty-flavored extracts from almonds by using glycerine.
You must store this extract in a dry, clean jar with a tight-fitting lid. Don’t forget to keep this jar in a cool and dry place and away from sunlight.
Your recipes will be more delicious when you use this homemade extract. If You don’t have almond extract then other substitutes will give you the same flavor.
We hope you won’t miss the luscious flavor of your special dishes. For more articles about food and off-grid living, stay with us